The Faculty of Economics of the Gabriele D’Annunzio University (Chieti and Pescara, Italy) invites submissions of papers for a conference on small-and-medium business clusters in developing and advanced economies, with a special focus on the Chinese and Italian experiences.
Papers that examine the roles of clustered small and medium enterprises in sustainable economic growth and development, broadly conceived to include environmental and social issues connected with the organization of industry will be examined. Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
• Evolution of clusters and industrialization (both recent and in history)
• Economic geography and clusters
• Spatial econometric analysis of industrial clusters
• Industrial clusters, industrial ecology and environmentally sustainable development
• Policy implications for economic development
• Managerial and technological dynamics and spillovers
• The role of local government and business associations
• Sources of finance and financial contracts within clusters
• Contracts, legal issues, and transactions costs
Authors of accepted papers will be invited to submit their manuscripts for publication in a special issue of China Economic Review, Comparative Economic Studies, or L’Industria. The procedure for submitting to the symposia will be specified in due course.
How to submit
Extended abstracts of 400-600 words, or (preferably) full paper drafts, should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org before December 31, 2009.
− December 31, 2009: deadline for the submission of the drafts or extended abstracts.
− January 15, 2010: notification of the acceptance of the submitted works.
− April 1, 2010: deadline for the submission of the full papers and for the registration.
Further information on the conference website http://chinaconference.unich.it/.