– 2017 campaign –
From 1 September 2017, the Scientific Board of research institutes in Asia attached to the French Foreign Ministry will award one nine-month PhD scholarship at its annual meeting in March 2017. The scholarship comprises a monthly stipend of 1625 Euros, round-trip air travel from one of the member countries of the European Union to Hong Kong, China or Taiwan and up to 1000€.
- be citizens of a member State of the European Union
- be currently enrolled as PhD candidates in the field of the Social Sciences or Humanities at a French university or a university in a member State of the European Union, or an institution associated with the CEFC.
- reside in either Hong Kong, Taiwan or mainland China during the length of their scholarship.
- submit a research project relevant to the scientific mission of the CEFC, which is to study the political, economic, social and cultural developments in the contemporary Chinese world.
Awardee will be encouraged to submit an article and, when applicable, book reviews, to the journal China Perspectives, published by the CEFC.
The file should include :
- an application form
- a research project
- a detailed CV
- a cover letter
- at least two recommendation letters from recognized scholars in the field
Assessment will be based upon the following criteria which should be addressed clearly in the research project:
- Aim of the research
- Methodology/ Sources / Fieldworks
- Provisional Calendar
- Scientific collaboration with Chinese and European institutions
- Expected results (publications projects…)
- Writing skills in French
To download the application forms, please click here
Applicant must fill in the application form in French:
- One copy should be sent in a single PDF file to Alfred Aroquiame (email@example.com) and the subject of email should be “AIDE A LA MOBILITE 2017”. The recommendation letters must be sent directly by their authors to Alfred Aroquiame by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to the attention of the director: M. Eric Florence, CEFC, 20/F Wanchai Central Bldg., 89 Lockhart Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong
- One copy should be sent to the Ministry of Foreign and European Affairs, attention to Ms. Sylvie Ballet by email (email@example.com), in a single PDF file and the subject should be “AIDE A LA MOBILITE 2017”.
Deadline for applications: 31 January 2017
For more information: CEFC – Telephone: (852) 2879 6914 or 6910, Fax : (852) 2815 3211, Email : firstname.lastname@example.org