1.1 Types of products
The CEFC sells two publications, China Perspectives and Perspectives chinoises, in both paper and electronic versions. It is therefore possible to purchase:
- Personal subscription (including paper issues and electronic access to entire archive)
- Personal electronic subscription (electronic access to archive only)
- Institutional subscription (including paper issues and electronic access to archive by IP recognition)
- A single, paper issue
- A single, electronic article (PDF format)
1.2 Electronic Access
Electronic access to entire archive is given to every paying subscriber, personal or institutional, during the subscription period. Personal subscribers can obtain their username and initial password by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Institutional subscribers may contact email@example.com for IP recognition. For technical reasons, we cannot grant access to more than 10 IP addresses per institution. If your amount of IP addresses exceeds this number, you may provide us with a proxy IP address.
Subscribers are advised to read the following instructions before accessing the entire electronic archive:
- This service is solely provided to personal subscribers and registered users of institutional subscribers.
- Username and password are individual and must not be disclosed to others.
- The entire content of the journal or any part thereof is protected by the publishers’ copyright.
- Inter-institutional loan is not allowed (for institutions).
- Each user can download or print one copy of an article for research or study purpose only. Any commercial use of articles or journal content by users or subscribers is strictly prohibited.
- Quotation of content or articles should follow academic standards. Users/subscribers should not publish entire articles, or any part thereof, on any platform without the CEFC’s permission.
- Authors of articles may include articles on their institutional homepage or institutional repositories.
- Content is allowed to be incorporated in course packs for educational purposes.
- No user statistics will be provided to subscribing institutions by the CEFC.
- Subscribers should observe the above confidentiality and non-disclosure obligations.
- The rights granted under above terms terms and conditions cannot be transferred, rent and sold to other parties.
The price of each product may vary to take into account the inflation of edition and shipping costs. The CEFC reserves the right to modify the prices displayed on the Subscribe page, with no impact on completed transactions or current subscription.
2.1 Delivery schedule
The CEFC will proceed swiftly to ship the items purchased after payment is secured.
2.2 Shipping costs
Shipping costs are borne by the client and are included in the sale price of subscriptions and single issues.
2.3 Mail tracking
Several cases of lost parcels have been reported for shipments to Taiwan. An additional fee to cover mail tracking is therefore imposed on all items shipped to Taiwan. Mail tracking is strongly advised for mainland China, and advised in general for the rest of the world. The CEFC reserves the right to make this option mandatory in the future for certain geographic areas.
2.4 Lost parcels
If a customer does not receive the item ordered, the CEFC can send the item a second time after the subscriber or the client has reported the case at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3.1 Means of payment
Payment must been made at the time of purchase if the client uses a credit card. His/her command is then immediately processed. If the client wishes to pay by check or bank transfer, the order will only be processed after reception of payment.
3.2 Geographic pricing system
The currency used to determine the price of the item purchased by the client depends on the location of shipping destination: Hong Kong Dollar for Hong Kong and Macao, Euro for Europe, and US Dollar for the rest of the world.
3.3 Cancellation policy
The client can cancel its order until reception of payment by the CEFC. No reimbursement can be granted after the order has been processed.
Any claim can be made at +852 2876 6910 or email@example.com.