– 2018 campaign –
In April 2018, the CEFC will award one six-month PhD scholarship (the fieldwork stay will start in September or October 2018). The scholarship comprises a monthly stipend of 1200 Euros.
- be citizens of a member State of the European Union
- be currently enrolled as PhD candidates in the field of the Social Sciences or Humanities at a French university or a university in a member State of the European Union, or an institution associated with the CEFC.
- reside in either Hong Kong, Taiwan or mainland China during the length of their scholarship.
- submit a research project relevant to the scientific mission of the CEFC, which is to study the political, economic, social and cultural developments in the contemporary Chinese world.
The awardee will have to submit an article the journal China Perspectives, published by the CEFC at the latest within three months following the six months scholarship period .
The file should include :
- an application form
- a research project
- a detailed CV
- a cover letter
- at least two recommendation letters from recognized scholars in the field
Assessment will be based upon the following criteria which should be addressed clearly in the research project:
- Aim of the research
- Methodology/ Sources / Fieldworks
- Provisional Calendar
- Scientific collaboration with Chinese and European institutions
- Expected results (publications projects…)
- Writing skills in French
To download the application forms, please click here
Applicant must fill in the application form in French or English and send it in a single PDF file to Henry Wu ([email protected]). The subject of the email should be “AIDE A LA MOBILITE 2018”. The recommendation letters must be sent directly by their authors to Henry Wu by email or by post to the attention of the director: M. Eric Florence, CEFC, 20/F Wanchai Central Bldg., 89 Lockhart Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong
Deadline for applications: The application is closed.
For more information: CEFC – Telephone: (852) 2879 6910, Fax : (852) 2815 3211, Email : [email protected]