– Three months China, Hong Kong or Taiwan PhD Scholarship 2022-
The CEFC will award two scholarships for doctoral students, for a period of 3 months renewable once, for field research or thesis writing in China, Hong Kong and Taiwan (beginning of the research stay: August 2022). The scholarship comprises a monthly stipend of 1200 Euros.
At the end of the first three months, the scholarships may be renewed for three additional months, after presentation of the activities by the beneficiaries and validation by the scientific committee.
- Doctoral students who are nationals of a member state of the European Union (EU) or doctoral students from outside the EU enrolled in doctoral training at a French university in a field of social sciences and humanities.
- Obligation to reside in China, Hong Kong or Taiwan for the duration of their attachment to the CEFC. Given the constraints linked to the epidemic situation, only the files of doctoral students already residing in China, Hong Kong or Taiwan will be considered.
- Submit a research project that fits into the CEFC’s scientific mission, which consists of studying the political, economic, social and cultural changes in the People’s Republic of China, Taiwan, Hong Kong and Macau.
In return for this funding, the beneficiaries of this aid undertake:
- To submit a written report on their work to the CEFC, intended in particular for the Centre’s annual activity report.
- To present their research activities to the scientific committee at the end of the first three months, and at the end of the six months.
The application should include:
- a research project (5 pages maximum, bibliography excluded, Times New Roman 12 font, 1.5 line spacing)
- a detailed CV
- a cover letter
- proof of residency in China or Hong Kong
The selection will be based on the following criteria, which must appear clearly in the research project:
- Research objectives
- Provisional Calendar
- Writing skills in French or English
Applicant must send the requested items in a single PDF file by email to Pierre Miège ([email protected]) and Henry Wu ([email protected]). The subject of the email should be “PHD SCHOLARSHIP 2022”.
Deadline for applications: 22 July 2022.
For more information, please contact CEFC director, Pierre Miège: [email protected]
To download the information, please click : link