– 2015 campaign –
The Scientific Board of research institutes in Asia attached to the French Foreign Ministry awards one nine-month PhD scholarship, renewable once, during its annual meeting in the spring. The scholarship comprises a monthly stipend of 1625 Euros, round-trip air travel from Europe to Hong Kong, China or Taiwan (when applicable), transportation of luggage up to 200 Euros and repatriation insurance.
- be citizens of a member State of the European Union
- be currently enrolled as PhD candidates in the field of the Social Sciences or Humanities at a French university or a university in a member State of the European Union, or an institution associated with the CEFC.
- reside in either Hong Kong, Taiwan or mainland China during the length of their scholarship.
- submit a research project relevant to the scientific mission of the CEFC, which is to study the political, economic, social and cultural developments in the contemporary Chinese world.
Awardees will be encouraged to submit an article and, when applicable, book reviews, to the journal China Perspectives, published by the CEFC.
- a research project;
- a detailed CV;
- a cover letter;
- two recommendation letters from recognized scholars in the field.
Assessment will be based upon the following criteria which should be addressed clearly in the research project :
- Aims of the research;
- Methodology, Sources, Fieldwork;
- Provisional Calendar;
- Scientific collaboration with Chinese and European Institutions;
- Expected Results (publication projects…);
- Writing skills in French.
Complete applications must be submitted in a single PDF file (max: 10 pages, 1.5 line spacing) to the two following addresses:
- to the Director of the CEFC, by email to Alfred Aroquiame (aaro[email protected]) with the subject line “AIDE A LA MOBILITE 2015” on or before January 15, 2015. The two recommendation letters should be sent directly by their authors by email to Alfred Aroquiame ([email protected]) or by ordinary mail (in this case they must reach the CEFC by January 15, 2015), to: M. Sebastian Veg, CEFC, 20/F Wanchai Central Bldg., 89 Lockhart Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong
- to the Ministry of Foreign and European Affairs to the attention of Ms Aude Debarle by email ([email protected]), with the subject heading: “AIDE A LA MOBILITE 2015”.
For more information: CEFC – Telephone: (852) 2879 6914 or 6910, Fax : (852) 2815 3211, Email : <[email protected]>