– 2019 campaign –
In April 2019, the CEFC will award one six-month PhD scholarship (the fieldwork stay will start in September or October 2019). The scholarship comprises a monthly stipend of 1200 Euros.
- to be citizens of a member State of the European Union
- to be currently enrolled as PhD candidates in the field of the Social Sciences or Humanities at a French university or a university in a member State of the European Union, or an institution associated with the CEFC.
- to reside in either Hong Kong, Taiwan or mainland China during the length of their scholarship.
- to submit a research project relevant to the scientific mission of the CEFC, which is to study the political, economic, social and cultural developments in the contemporary Chinese world.
The awardee will have to submit an article to the journal China Perspectives, published by the CEFC at the latest within three months following the six months scholarship period .
The file should include :
- an application form
- a research project
- a detailed CV
- a cover letter
- at least one recommendation letter from recognized scholars in the field
Assessment will be based upon the following criteria which should be addressed clearly in the research project:
- Aim of the research
- Methodology/ Sources / Fieldworks
- Provisional Calendar
- Scientific collaboration with Chinese and European institutions
- Expected results (publications projects…)
- Writing skills in French
To download the application forms, please click here
For more information: CEFC – Telephone: (852) 2879 6910, Fax : (852) 2815 3211, Email : [email protected]